Freelance editor, writer, and producer with experience in a variety of roles including development editor, feature writer, journalist, and managing editor.
Particularly skilled at writing and editing stories about health and wellness, medical research, mental health, applied and basic science, and genetics.
Recognized for tenacity and drive, superior written and verbal skills, and organizational expertise.
* More than 12 years of experience as a freelance editor and writer; clients include Healthline, Callisto Media, Christian Science Monitor, Reuters, KQED Radio, and many more.
* Five years staff experience including features editor, web producer, and general assignment reporter.
* Skilled at creating and managing all forms of editorial packaging, including cover stories, multiple-part features, how-to pieces, listicles, reviews, general news, and personal profiles.
* Practiced at overseeing the complete content cycle from research to production for more than 1,000 stories.
* Trained at managing 15 or more stories a week.
* Adept in line editing and development editing for feature pieces, hard news stories, and manuscripts.
* More than 500 contacts within the health and wellness industry, including experts at the country’s leading medical institutions and organizations.